A lot of women worry about staying hungry because of low-carb meals. If you eat the right foods you won’t stay hungry or gain weight! You want protein and nutrients! Not carbs! To help you and your family sail in the rhythm of health, hears this delicious meal that will have your family asking, this is healthy eating?
Shrimp is the deal here! It’s not just got fewer calories than beef, It also a great and delicious source of protein and antioxidants to help you feel great and energized!
What You Will Need
- 1.5 lb. of peeled and deveined raw shrimp,
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil, divided in half
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fresh limes
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 8-10 romaine or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- Add shrimp to a large glass bowl with all seasonings, juice of 1 lime, garlic, and 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste, then stir well to coat.
- Refrigerate/marinate for 15 minutes or so, covered.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until just pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a very large bowl, add cooked shrimp, diced avocado, cilantro, chili slices, juice of 1 lime and remaining oil.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Taste test and season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper if needed.
- Add spoonfuls of the avocado shrimp mixture to lettuce leaves as shown, and enjoy.